Friday, October 20, 2006

We Really Missed Liz Cho

Peter and I are back from our three-day vacation in Vermont - well, we thought we were staying in Vermont because the house we rented was advertised as Vermont, but when we got there, it was upstate New York. The old bait-and-switch.

Peter and I watch ABC news with Liz Cho and - without fail - she flubs her lines at least three times during every broadcast. This drives us nuts and Peter says, "Sue Simmons would never do that. She and Chuck Scarborough are total professionals." It also drives us nuts that Liz Cho makes stupid side comments about news stories.

We also think that Scott Clark should stop with his wacky "Out of This World" and just concentrate on doing a real sports report, GODAMMIT. Although, that's not nearly as annoying as Len Berman's "Spanning the World."

So why do we keep watching ABC news?

For some reason, it's the channel the TV's already on when it's time for the news and God forbid we change it.

While we were in not-Vermont, the local newscasters were ridiculous. They kept flubbing their lines every other sentence and making stupid side commentary like nobody's business. Peter looked at me and said, "Maybe I should audition to be a newscaster. I mean, at least I can read."

"I don't understand how they can keep their jobs," I said. "I mean, if I had a job where I made twenty mistakes a day, I would get fired."

Their local weather man wore a white shirt with the cuffs all rolled up. Where was Sam Champion with his impeccable suits and pretty hair? It was all wrong.

The sports report was the last straw.

According to Peter:

"They're leading with the GIRL'S HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER GAME? I don't care HOW GOOD THEY ARE."

"I really miss Liz Cho. I mean, at least she's pretty."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She really has no intelligent input to any story. the only thig she says after the sports is (thankjs Scotty". it can drive you crazy. Not bad for a girl who went to boston college with just fair grades.

Anonymous said...

quote:
Peter and I watch ABC news with Liz Cho and - without fail - she flubs her lines at least three times during every broadcast. This drives us nuts and Peter says, "Sue Simmons would never do that. She and Chuck Scarborough are total professionals."

My how things have changed. The reason why I even switched to ABC Eyewitness News is because Sue Simmons can't get through a story without flubing her lines (a lot more than 3 times). She always looks so confused.

Not supriingly, this "professional" dropped the F-Bomb on air which she then had to make an apology for.

Chuck Scarborough isn't any better with his cynical side comments and his off air cussing.

I used to work out in the same gym that he goes to and I would always end up next to him on the treadmill and, man, I kid you not, the guy has got a gutter mouth that would make Eminem blush.

No one is who they appear to be. The Eyewitness News team, although a younger crew, are the real professionals here. That's why they're number 1 in NY and, if you don't like them, then just get up off your asses and change the darn channel.