Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mini-Marathon? Why?

So the Mini-Marathon last weekend almost prevented me from going to a doctor's appointment. Because of this damned thing, a zillion streets along mid-town were blocked off and no one was allowed to cross the street. Of course, this spun me in circles trying to get to Columbus Circle, where my doctor's office was and of course I was s'late. 

Instead of showing up on time, I encountered THIS:



Why do we need mini-marathons in NYC? Can't they do this in a less populated place, maybe somewhere in Omaha? 

2 comments:

running42k said...

Carry a running bib. When encountered with this issue in the future, just put on the bib, pretend you are in the race, and cross the street.

plue said...

That's a great idea. And it's a great way to get free cups of water along the way.