Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Everything About Everything

The other day I was teaching creative writing and the kids had a zillion questions.

"What does a gun case look like?" (for a murder/mystery she was working on)

Well, I've only seen one gun case--my friend John's father mailed him a gun (which is against the law, by the way) the week John got engaged. It was aluminum and padded with yellow foam on the inside.

"What does a divan look like?"

It's basically a sofa.

"What's that sort of chair that looks like a bed?"

A fainting couch.

"What's another word for off-white?"

Ecru

After answering all of their questions, the little boy in the class looks up at me in wonder and says:

"You know what I like about you? You know everything about EVERYTHING."

Kids are so easy to please.

No comments: