Monday, March 30, 2009

Atkins Farm Donuts

Peter and I went to visit Northampton this weekend, which we always start off by getting a yummy curry rich dish at the Haymarket Cafe, which is delllllicious! 

This is a place that makes me want to move right next door, so that I can go there every single day, morning, noon, and night. 

The great thing about Northampton is that there are a ton of vegetarian restaurants, which means that Peter can eat everything on the menu. Plus, the prices are really good, compared to NYC. 

What I love about Northampton is that it's a great place to go to look for environmentally conscious shower curtains (or anything else, for that matter). I've been looking to replace my yucky shower curtain for a while now, but my supermarket only sells the vinyl kind, which is bad because of the phthalates. 

This is a place that doesn't make me feel silly for being "over the top organic."

My sister took us to Paul and Elizabeth's, which she calls the "expensive" restaurant in town. When the bill came for our (extremely scrumptious) dinner, we were surprised to see that the bill was about $60--that's with three appetizers, two entrees, and a beer. Plus there was more than enough to take home. 

Our one downfall is that we always go to Atkins Farms to pick up the sinfully yummy and probably totally bad for you cider donuts. This time we overdid it and got a whole dozen. It's a bit too much cidery sugary cinnamonny goodness in one fell swoop. Please people, be careful with those donuts. It's easy to overdo it. 

They sell the donuts online too, which means that we can get donuts without having to shlep all the way to Amherst, MASS.  

No comments: