Monday, April 06, 2009

Conversation About Easter

Me: So, who's going to be there for Easter?

Peter: I don't know.

Me: What do you mean, you don't know? That's all your mom talks about for weeks before everybody gets here. 

Peter: Well, I try not to pay attention to her. Anyway, why do you need to know?

Me: Because I want to know. So I can prepare myself. 

Peter: I have no idea who is coming. 

Me: Really. You have absolutely no idea. I find that hard to believe. I think you just don't want to tell me. That's fine. Because when I don't make enough cupcakes, you can tell your niece and nephew that they don't get any because their Uncle Peter told his wife that they weren't going to be there. 

Peter: Oh. They're going to be there. 

Me: Then you have an idea of who's going to be there? 

Peter: I might. 

Me: PETER!!

No comments: