Wednesday, April 01, 2009

This Makes Me Happy All Day

I think that I can understand a little bit about parenthood, just from dealing with my new kitten. 

We've been trying to toilet-train her for the past few weeks and have now gotten to the point where there's merely a small rim of litter underneath the toilet seat. I was afraid that when we took away the second-to-last toilet litter kwitter ring, that we were going to have an upset. 

The last time we moved one stage over, Meow Meow showed us her displeasure by pooping on the bathroom floor, then not pooping at all for three whole days, then pooping in the bathtub, and of course, pooping in her scratch pad. 

But this time, so far so good, she's been pooping (and peeing) into the toilet--YAY!!

And then the rest of the day, every time I thought about the kitty, it made me smile. I caught myself with the biggest grin on my face as I was driving home from Trader Joe's and I thought, "Wow. The fact that my cat pooped in the toilet makes me happy ALL DAY. Is that normal?"

No comments: