Friday, April 11, 2008

He Puts Our Servants To Shame

I went to the doctor today, a completely new doctor picked out of the hat I call My HMO. As I was waiting for her in the examination room, I perused a copy of People Magazine that has Jennifer Lopez on the cover.

She was quoted as saying that her husband is so good with the children that he puts the help to shame.

I thought that was such a strange thing to say. On one hand, I thought, "Well, they are your kids. So, yes, you should probably take care of them better than your servants.

On the other hand...No, there is no other hand. It's kind of a weird thing to say, and a little creepy.

But then again, they live on Long Island.

When Peter and I went to his niece's christening, the priest actually said:

"You all have people you hire to help you take care of your children. And we have to act like the hired help, except we're helping Jesus."

I guess he was just speaking in a language they would understand: LongIslandese

No comments: