Monday, April 07, 2008

Hold On While I Swirl My Scepter in There

We went to Peter's friend's Birthday Dinner last Saturday. He turned 40 and there was no Superbowl on, but whatever, other people can do what they want.

The thing is, whenever we go to this person's house, or he and his wife bring their child to our place, we get nervous that we won't be able to eat. Not because the food isn't good, because it is, but they have a daughter who likes to touch food that is on the table.

By the way, did I ever mention that I'm a germophobe? With a specific fear of child-carrying-bacteria?

One time she came over to our house and we had made roasted potatoes. As soon as we placed them on the table, she proceeded to touch every potato on the platter. Peter and I looked at each other like, "I guess the dogs are getting lucky tonight."

When we went to their house the other night, Peter's friend put a bowl of potato chips on the table and, since the little girl was in her fairy outfit, she took the scepter - ooops, I meant her Magic Wand, and swirled it around in the potato chips.

So when the tofu came out of the grill and was placed on the table, Peter snatched it up.

"I saw her eyeing it," Peter said. "And there's no way in HELL I'm not eating tonight!"

No comments: