Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Neighborly Behavior

Now that the parking spot controversy has been solved to our liking, our neighbor has been continuously parking on the line, which is actually against the condo association rules.

How do I know this? Because right before we left for our South Carolina vacation, I parked our car in the guest spot next to our spot because we have a Honda Element. The clamshell doors on our Element may seem like a good idea...unless you are not parallel parked. If you are parked in regular parking lot spots, especially spots that are super-tight, you have to open one door - smush your body all the way to the left - then open the back door. And if you need to let someone in the backseat, it means that you must both smush in together.

Because I knew this may be a problem in terms of packing up our car, I parked in the guest spot and the front wheel of my car was touching the line. I felt that since the line impinged on our assigned parking spot, it wasn't a big deal. I was only hurting myself.

Lo and behold, as soon as I got back from vacation, there was a note from the management company stating that I had parked ON THE LINE which may be SUBJECT TO LARGE FINES.

For the past few weeks, ever since they have made our spot bigger, my neighbor has now been parking on the line, the line that distinguishes between our spot and her spot. At first I had been letting it go - I figured she might have misjudged her new space. But now it's just getting annoying.

Exhibit 1:



Exhibit 2:



I would narc on her, but I'm too lazy to tattle.

And if you click on the last photo, you will see that her license plate holder says, "Angels are watching over me."

Yeah. Watching you be a jerk!

No comments: