Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Raccoon Made Me Do It!

Last night, right after the Superbowl, I took my dogs out, but when it came time to throw out their dog poop bag, a huge tan-colored animal with a large tail jumped out of the garbage dumpster.

I completely froze. I went back towards our place and hid the dog poop bag behind some bushes near our apartment (I didn't leave it in front of our door because we still had guests upstairs).

When I got upstairs, I told Peter what I did and asked him to take care of the poop in the morning.

Just now, when I took the dogs out, I discovered that someone from the complex had fished the poop bag from behind the bushes and put the bag in front of our door.

I know that it was wrong to hide the bag in the bushes, but my brain kind of froze when I saw that animal and I was too scared to go near the garbage can. Also, I figured Peter would take care of the problem in the morning and no one would be the wiser, but of course, he has no memory of the conversation I had with him last night. During the haze of the crazy Superbowl victory, the words coming out of my mouth just didn't register into Peter's brain.

What I don't like about this whole thing is the surreptitious and passive-aggressive nature of the poop bag incident. I would have more respect for this person if he/she rang my doorbell and confronted me face-to-face. Also, it kind of annoys me because I do take the time and energy to clean up after my dogs, which is more than I can say for some of the other people in the complex.

Plus, can't the surreptitious passive-aggressive complex people let a gal get away with a first offense before getting surreptitiously passive-aggressive about something?

2 comments:

Anna May Won't said...

that's so weird and annoying. i too would much rather have someone knock on my door irate.

plue said...

I mean, at least at that point, you can explain about the raccoon bit.